Today We’ll talk about How you can block any SMS Messages based on some text keywords. Follow easy guide to block sms based keyword android platform.
You hear a notification sound on you cell. You rush to your device thinking about receiving a message from ex. But you see a promotional message. Ohhh that’s bad. 🙂 It has happened with me several times and I think it did happen with you. That’s why you came here to block sms based on Keywords and specific strings.
Now a days we receive dozens of promotional messages. I don’t like it seriously. I’m sure you don’t like it either. I mean who likes receiving dozens of promotional messages from several numbers. Companies keep sending messages without your intention.
SMS promotions are the most popular after the failure of email promotions. Because it lands directly on users cell phones. Everyone is online on cell phone round the clock.
Although there are already couple of android tools which block Calls and messages. But most of them work on blocking specific number. But problem is that companies keep changing their numbers so that users cannot block them. You block on number and they’ll send you SMS from another. This really irritated me. So I thought to find a solution to block messages which have some special keywords. You can set a list of all keywords on which your messages can be blocked.
Block SMS Based Keyword Android – Simple Guide
There is no rocket science in this. You just need a simple software for android. That tool is called aFirewall call and sms blocker.
- Search aFirewall in Play store and install it.
- You’ll see progress of installation.
- After installing afirewall open the application.
- Click on arrow on right side bottom.
- Then click Start Firewall. You will see a warning about Default SMS application. Click “Don’t Show it again“.
- Click on play button icon on right side of Keywords.
- Type the keywords on text box and keep adding them.
- Tick the box which says Block Messages which contains one of the keyword.
- That’s it now you can block SMS based on keywords.
- If you get irritated by the icon of this application in notification bar. Then there is an option to disable this.
- Go to afirewall settings and disable notification.
Let me know how this guide went for you.